November 27, 2017
The Front Office Update
- Early Release Day | Wednesday, December 6: This is a reminder that next Wednesday, December 6th is an early release day. Dismissal is at 12:22PM. There will be Lunch. Attached is the district calendar, which includes future early release days. 2017-2018 District Calendar
- Toy for Tots | Friday, November 29- Wednesday, December 6: The fifth grade is running a Toys for Tots drive this 2017 Holiday season Please bring any unwrapped new toys and drop them in toy box in lobby. Please email Ms. Murthy with any questions at [email protected]
- MHS Service Club Soccer Drive | Wednesday, December 6- Wednesday, December 20: Melrose High School Service Club will have donation box in the main lobby for their upcoming soccer drive. This drive is collecting new and slightly used soccer equipment and other soccer related items like cleats, soccer balls, clothing items, shin guards, etc. The drive will last around three weeks with a box for donations located in spots around melrose. The items collected will all be donated to underprivileged children in Haiti. The box will be in the main lobby from December 6th-20th.
- 5th Grade Visit to Middle School | Thursday, December 7, 2017: Save The Date: Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School invites families of 5th Graders to visit the Middle School, hear about the opportunities at the middle school and tour the building. This Family Information Night is scheduled for Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM. Please email questions to MVMMS Principal, Brent Conway [email protected].
- Melrose High School Band’s Annual Christmas Tree Sale | December 8th – 10th: The Melrose High School Band’s Annual Christmas Tree Sale will take place on Friday (5 p.m.– 9 p.m.), Saturday (9 a.m. – 7 p.m.), and Sunday (9 a.m.–12 p.m.) in the high school parking lot. The fresh Christmas trees are delivered directly from Nova Scotia. Wreaths (decorated and plain), kissing balls and treats will be on sale for one weekend only. This is the band’s largest fundraiser for the year. For best selection, arrive early! Thank you for supporting the band!
- Noon Release Day | Friday, December 22: Dismissal is at 12:00PM. There will be Lunch. Attached is the district calendar, which includes future early release days. 2017-2018 District Calendar
Here’s what to know this week:
- Ravens’ Rave! | Ellie Hulse, PTO Coordinator for the Roosevelt Library. Maybe you’ve visited the Roosevelt Ranch during the Wild West Book Fair and spotted Ellie in her cowgirl hat and red bandanna. Maybe you saw Ellie putting up the decorations she purchased, or helping volunteers on the cash registers. Or maybe she helped your child find just that right book. But there is so much more you don’t see. Read more…
- School Musical: Mary Poppins Jr | Crew’s first rehearsal will be Friday, December 8. Visit the Roosevelt School Musical Facebook page for more info. Or contact [email protected]
- Winter Wonderland | Tuesday, December 5. Remember to have your child(ren) bring in their envelopes with gift money on Tuesday as the Roosevelt cafeteria is transformed into a holiday shopping experience for the kids. Gifts cost $1-$5. Children are allowed to purchase up to 5 gifts. Please sign up to volunteer. Thank you, Tracey Colman and Amanda Johansson for organizing this beloved PTO event!
IMPORTANT: Due to Winter Wonderland, lunches on 12/5 will be eaten in the classrooms and must be NUT FREE. (Also, the school lunch menu is wrong; pizza bagel fun lunch will be served.)
- SPECIAL PTO MEETING on MCAS: Wednesday, Dec. 6, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria – Principal Maranto will present the 2017 MCAS results for the Roosevelt school and the district.
- Community Giving Tree | ends this Friday, December 8! Donate NEW pajamas, socks, and underwear. Collection bin located in school lobby. The Roosevelt PTO’s Rosie Gives Back committee and the ECC PTO are partnering with Community Giving Tree to provide these essential items to local children in need. Any questions, please contact Matt Greenberg at [email protected]com.
- Writer Jason Lefebvre | Tuesday, December 12. The PTO is thrilled to bring writer Jason Lefebvre to our kindergarten classes! During this in-school educational enrichment activity, Lefebvre will talk about what inspired the book “TOO MUCH GLUE,” explore what it’s like to turn an idea into a book, and do a fun, interactive reading of the story. There will be time at the end for questions and signings.
- Ooch returns to the Roosevelt | Tuesday, December 19. Ooch’s stage shows cover topics such as positive daily decision-making, anti-bullying, discovering your talents, learning to love yourself and more. This PTO-sponsored educational enrichment assembly takes place during school hours.
- Share Your Ideas! | Funding strategic projects at the Roosevelt. We asked for your ideas and you delivered! Parents and educators have proposed that the PTO look into funding new science materials to help teachers meet new state standards, alternative seating to give students more control over their learning environment, and signage to help students identify flora on the Roosevelt grounds. As we evaluate these proposals, we’d like to hear more ideas. Please send your thoughts into [email protected] by Friday, December 22.
- January 17, PTO Meeting: School Committee Member Liz DeSelm to hold info session on FY19 Melrose Public Schools budget.
- World Cultures Fair (WCF) | Announcing New Tri-Chairs! Thank you, Valerie Hayes and Liza Weinstein for volunteering to join Brooke Sulahian as this year’s tri-chairs organizing this event — along with the amazing WCF leadership team. More info to come about this spring 2018 PTO event.
- Get Connected! | Join the PTO Executive Board. Board members manage the PTO budget, facilitate communication, and support educational enrichment, fundraising, and activities that bring our community together. Interested? Contact: [email protected].
- Join the PTO’s NEW Mailing List | Sign up here to help us share important information about PTO events. If you signed up last year, you are NOT on this new list. We send infrequent emails.
- Find Us on Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/groups/RooseveltElementaryPTO/
- PTO Coordinators: Please submit items for the Ravens’ Report to [email protected].
If you need financial assistance for a PTO event, please contact the school principal.
If you need this document translated, please contact the school principal.
Si necesita este document traducido, por favor comuníquese con el director de la escuela.
Se você precisa este document traduzido, entre em contato seu director a escola.
Si vous avez besoin de traduire ce document, s’il vous plaît contacter votre directeur d’école.
如果您需要本文件翻譯 , 請連絡您所在的學校負責人
إدا كنت تحتاج/تحتاجين لترجمة هذه الوثيقة، المرجو مراسلة مدير المدرسة