January 8, 2018
The Front Office Update
- 2018 AFTER SCHOOL CLUB CHOICES | January 8, 2018: Registration window will be 3 days only, Jan. 8th -11th. Registration notices go home Today, Monday January 8, 2018, in the children’s backpacks! Confirmations from the teachers running the club will go home on Jan. 16th and clubs will start on Jan. 22nd. Click here for more information.
- Early Release Day | Wednesday, January 10, 12:22 p.m.: There will be lunch and education station. Dismissal is at 12:22 PM. Please see attached district calendar for other important dates.
- Coffee and Conversation for English Language Learner Parents | Wednesday, January 10 at 8:30 AM: If your child is an English Language Learner, please join Julie Sheeran, the ELL teacher, and Principal Maranto, for Coffee and Conversation on in the Cafeteria. The topics will include: ACCESS Testing and School Culture and Climate. Hope to see you there!
- Crayon Collection | Until January 12: You can help make the 2018 Melrose Martin Luther King, Jr., Day of Service a smashing success by bringing in your old crayons in the new year. Did you know that billions of crayons are thrown away each year in the USA? Please bring your used (especially GENTLY used) crayons to school and deposit them in the collection box. It’s only here until January 12th so please bring them soon! Thank you for your generosity and helping us help others!
- Weather Procedures | 2017-2018: For more information, click here. Please note indoor line up starts at 8:00 a.m. Students should not enter the building prior due to supervision.
- 5 Must Have Clothes | Snow & Outdoor Recess: It’s that time of year. It is so much fun to play in the snow and we are happy to let students do so. In order to play in the snow, students MUST have ALL of the following 5 items of clothing on: GLOVES, HAT, SNOW PANTS, SNOW BOOTS, & WINTER COAT. Also, the same playground rules apply in the snow as do in the field and on the playscape, with one addition. NO THROWING SNOW! Thank you to all families for reviewing this with your children. Especially, helping them to pack all clothing items so we can all enjoy winter fun at recess!
- Special PTO Meeting | Wednesday, January 17, 7 p.m.: School Committee Member Liz DeSelm to hold info session on FY19 Melrose Public Schools budget. Send questions to [email protected]
- Wednesday, February 7 | Dine-out Fundraiser at Kelly’s Roast Beef in Saugus, (605 Broadway) 12:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- 4th Annual World Cultures Fair | Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (School-wide informational assembly for kids on Tuesday, January 23.) The World Cultures Fair enables students and families to celebrate their heritage or learn about a different country and culture while creating fun displays for all to enjoy! More info coming in January. Questions? contact Brooke Sulahian ([email protected]), Val Hays ([email protected]), or Liza Weinstein ([email protected])
- Volunteers Needed! Roosevelt’s 14th Annual Auction. The school’s largest fundraiser will be held on Friday, April 6, 2018. The PTO’s Auction committee welcomes new faces with new ideas. We are currently looking to fill the role of Wine Pull Coordinator. The Auction Committee has started reaching out to businesses for sponsorships and donations. If you are interested in helping out, email the committee at [email protected]
- Join the PTO Executive Board. Want to learn more about what’s involved in being president/VP, treasurer, or secretary of the the PTO? Contact: [email protected].
- Join the PTO’s NEW Mailing List | Sign up here to help us share important information about PTO events. If you signed up last year, you are NOT on this new list. We send infrequent emails.
- Find Us on Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/groups/RooseveltElementaryPTO/
- Please submit items for the Ravens’ Report to [email protected].
If you need financial assistance for a PTO event, please contact the school principal.
If you need this document translated, please contact the school principal.
Si necesita este document traducido, por favor comuníquese con el director de la escuela.
Se você precisa este document traduzido, entre em contato seu director a escola.
Si vous avez besoin de traduire ce document, s’il vous plaît contacter votre directeur d’école.
如果您需要本文件翻譯 , 請連絡您所在的學校負責人
إدا كنت تحتاج/تحتاجين لترجمة هذه الوثيقة، المرجو مراسلة مدير المدرسة