BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
The Early Bird program is a childcare program offered 5 days a week from 7:15 am until the start of school. Childcare is provided by Maureen Aleksa.
Policies and Procedures
- Registration is necessary for your child to attend, whether on a regular or drop-in basis. Early Bird Registration Form
- The Early Bird program is available to parents at the Roosevelt School and is offered in the cafeteria from 7:15 am until the start of school.
- Students do not need to be accompanied by an adult, but they will need to sign themselves in every day. The first time a family uses the Early Bird program, the child MUST be accompanied by an adult to the classroom.
- The only entrance into the program will be through the cafeteria door on Brunswick Park. A sign will be posted on the door indicating which classroom the program is in that day.
- The cost is $3.00 per child per visit. Each family will be billed once a month on the 15th and payment is due on the 30th by check only, made out to Melrose Public Schools. Checks should be sent to school in an envelope marked Early Bird Program.
- No call is required if your child is not going to attend, and you will not be billed for any days you do not use. If you know in advance that your child’s regular attendance will change, please notify the directors.
- The program will NOT be held on snow days or when school is delayed due to inclement weather.
- Children may bring a small nut-free snack and drink if necessary.
If you have questions about the program or your bill, please contact
EARLY RELEASE DAY ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
More information to come 2016/2017
Melrose Education Stations provides balanced enrichment programming at the end of the school day in students’ own elementary schools. Professional staff members engage students in a creative, motivating and cooperative atmosphere to further inquiry and development. Three scheduling options are available each day, and students may attend one to five days on a weekly schedule. Students may also attend on a drop-in basis. Aside from after school programming, Education Stations also offers enrichment activities during other non-school times including professional development days, some vacation/holidays and summer break.
Enrichment programming makes use of many school facilities including the playground, library, art/music room, computer lab/cart, gym/multipurpose room and kitchen. Homework help, physical activity/games and a variety of daily activities are typically offered each day. All activities take place on school grounds, unless previous written permission has been granted for a field trip.
- Encourage well rounded development through a variety of enrichment activities.
- Teach students to be positive, responsible and contributing community members.
- Provide safe, reliable and caring supervision during non-school hours.
*NEW Education Stations 2016-2017
Elementary education stations
education stations Jr. (Franklin ECC)
Campus kids elementary
Campus kids jr.
Education Stations Schedule Change
Education Stations EMPLOYMENT
Applications for Education Stations, the Melrose Public Schools’ after-school program for the 2016-2017 school year will be available in July, 2016. Please email any questions regarding employment with Education Stations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Education Stations
Languages early, languages for life!
Again this year GLOBAL CHILD brings the joys of early foreign language learning to your school:
- Motion-filled activities
- Home practice CD
- Theme classes for continuing students
- All materials included in the tuition
For more information contact Global Child, Regional Coordinator: Diana Hibner, 978-851-5337
Visit www.globalchild.com for more information.
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE ASPEN PORTAL
THE BRIDGE PROGRAM
To register, re-register or to do a Cori, as a school volunteers, please go to the Melrose Public School website http://melroseschools.com/school-departments/bridge/ From this site you will click on Departments. On the drop down tab find “The Bridge” click this and all the forms you need will be there. Thank you for volunteering this is of high importance to our school. You’re the best.
If you need these documents translated, please call your child’s school principal
Si necesita este documento traducido, por favor comuníquese con la escuela de su hijo. Se você precisa este documento traduzido, entre em contato com a escola do seu filho.Si vous avez besoin de traduire ce document, s’il vous plaît contacter l’école de votre enfant.
如果你需要这份文件翻译，请联系您的孩子的学校.،إذا كنت تحتاج /تحتاجين إلى ترجمة هذه الوثيقة إلى اللغة العربية
.يرجى الاتصال بمدرسة طفلك/طفلتك