Promoting Your Event: A Checklist
Thank you for volunteering with the PTO this year! This checklist will help you get the word out to the Roosevelt community about the event you are organizing. Please contact your Board point of contact (POC) with any questions or contact us at: [email protected]
Ways to promote
- Flier for outdoor kiosk or backpacks
- PTO e-blast
- PTO Facebook post
How to do it
- Write up your copy. Use the Roosevelt PTO Flier Template to help you get started and to ensure the logos and translation notice are in place.
- Send your flier to your Board POC for review, to send out, and approval
- Post your message on the PTO Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/RooseveltElementaryPTO/)
- If you are going to be handing out fliers or putting them in the kiosk, please contact Molly Waitt.
- If you need to set up a ticket or product purchase web page, please notify Deb Martino at [email protected] 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Plan ahead: get the word out at 2-6 weeks before your event
- Keep your message simple: Keep your copy short; state clearly what the event is, where it will be held, and when.
- Include a call to action: Make it clear what you want your readers to do: purchase tickets, attend an event, etc.
- Contact: include your name and contact email at the bottom of your email and flier for people to go to if they have questions.
- Proofread: Have at least one other person review your copy before you distribute it.